I’m back with another Top Ten Tuesday list. This time I am looking at the authors I have read the most books by.
This was actually harder than I expected because I do not keep track of every book I have ever read, so I had to redo the list several times. The only two authors I knew would be on the list are Jodi Picoult and J.K. Rowling, but the actual counts were surprising to me once I actually sorted the list out.
So without further adieu…
- Jodi Picoult (21 books)
- The top ten books I have read by Jodi Picoult can be found here.
- There are still 11 other books, so I will do a full post on the Jodi Picoult books I have read some other time.
- Richelle Mead (12 books)
- The full Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series.
- Cassandra Clare (11 books)
- The full Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series, plus The Bane Chronicles, and Lady Midnight.
- The rest of her Dark Artifices series is on my TBR list.
- Kim Baldwin (9 books)
- Technically, 6 of those books were co-written with Xenia Alexiou (Elite Operatives series) and I have not read the last of the series yet, but it is definitely on my list.
- The other books are Breaking the Ice, Flight Risk, and Force of Nature
- J.K. Rowling (9 books)
- Harry Potter series, The Beadle and the Bard and The Casual Vacancy
- Janet Evanovich (8 books)
- The first seven books of the Stephanie Plum series, plus Visions of Sugar Plums.
- Dan Brown (5 books)
- The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, The Lost Symbol, Inferno, and Deception Point
- Stephanie Meyer (5 books)
- The Twilight series (original 4 only) and The Host
- James Dashner (5 books)
- The Maze Runner series, excluding The Fever Code (which I didn’t know about, but will be checking out now), and The Eye of Minds
- Isthatbloodonhisshirt (wastrella)
- This is a bit of a ‘cheat’, because as far as I know this author has not published a book, but I have read almost every single one of their 171 Teen Wolf fanfiction stories on Archive of Our Own (AO3).
- The length of the fics vary between short and definitely large novel length, so I don’t have any way of calculating roughly how many fics equate to one book. Well besides math, but I’m sure it is clear that is not my strong suit.
- I have always felt that readers do not give fanfiction authors enough credit for the amazing work that they produce. There will always be those who argue that they are ripping off someone else’s work, but fuck those people. They have clearly never read most of the truly spectacular creations that fanfiction authors provide to the world. For free, mind you!
- Of course, as this is my blog and my post, I am absolutely able to give a spot to one of the best I have read on AO3.
- **Trust me when I tell you that this author will be making a comeback on this blog.
So those are the top ten authors that I have read the most books of. You definitely expect to see more of most of these authors on my blog in the future.
Who tops your list? What author do you keep returning to again and again? What is your highest book count for a single author?