I am back with another Top Ten Tuesday. If you want to start doing your own Top Ten Tuesday, you can find a nice long list here. This is where I am finding my prompts.
As the title says, I am going to be listing my top ten fan fictions. I do just want to say that it has been difficult to narrow them down. I read a lot of fan fiction, so I did have to find a way to narrow things down. I decided to only use stories that I have read on Fanfiction.net.
Without further aideu, here are my top ten fan fictions:
- Cruel and Beautiful World by Lena Phoria –
- This is one of the best fan fictions that I have ever read. The story was wonderful and filled with great characters. Of course, with fan fiction, the characters are already fully developed from the original. In this story, there are also original creations, like Bronson, who add so much to the story. The bad news is that the story has been taken down as the author has published a book based on the fan fiction creation. You can find these original creations here. Other fan fiction stories written by Lena Phoria can be found at the link in the title.
- Isolation by Bex-chan
- While I am on a Dramione kick, this is another one of my favourites. This one is post Half-Blood Prince and has Hermione left behind at Hogwarts and suddenly saddled with Draco’s safe keeping. It gets intense as the characters begin trying to navigate the enclosed space of Hermione’s dorm.
- Love When You Aren’t Looking by Aleandri
- Switching it up from Harry Potter for a moment. This is a Supernatural AU (Alternate Universe) fan fiction. It is interesting to see the characters wrapped up in an adventure that doesn’t have anything to do with the supernatural. Plus, it is Destial (Dean/Castiel) and I’m over the queer baiting of the show and happy to look elsewhere for my kicks. 😉
- Tying the Nott by ShayaLonnie
- This is a well written story about Theo Nott and Hermione Granger. Theo is dying, so Draco convinces Hermione to marry Theo to save him. It was a pairing that I wasn’t sure about at first, but I really enjoyed this story. I have even started rereading it since I started making this list.
- Casting Moonshadows by Moonsign
- So the first thing I want to say about this story is *TRIGGER WARNING*. There is a lot of discussions and displays of abuse, so if that is a trigger for you, please proceed with caution. Now that I have said that, this is a beautiful telling of the love story between Remus/Sirius during their Hogwarts years. I’d like to believe it is canon, but that is just me. This is a long one with 86 chapters, so be prepared to get invested.
- Hard Road by Aleisha Potter
- This is another Supernatural Destiel story where Dean and Cas go undercover at a resort for gay couples in failing relationships. It is an adorable story that definitely has its share of hard truths. Plus, it is held within the Supernatural universe, so we get to see some supernatural beings.
- Temptation on the War Front by alizarincrims0n
- And we are back to Harry Potter. This story follows Draco as he is dragged along the search for horcruxes with the Golden Trio. It has been a while since I read this story, but if I remember correctly, it is an entertaining do-over of the final book. The relationship that cultivates between Harry and Draco is frustratingly adorable.
- A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy by Countess of Abe
- Here we have another Dramione story. This one is centered around Draco as he tries to prevent his son from being taken away. He ends up turning to Hermione to help and their interactions are enjoyable. I especially love the relationship that develops between Hermione and Draco’s son.
- The Drarry Chronicles by zayjayoriginals
- NSFW – This story has a naughty side as Drarry reconnects at a BDSM club that Draco owns. There is a lot of NSFW content in this story, so I would hold off reading it in any sort of public venue.
- The same author also wrote Conjux which takes place in the Hogwarts years and actually develops the idea of Draco have a younger brother.
- Bridges by Jazzy1
- Last, but not least, this is another Dramione story. Start with one and end with one. This is one of the first Dramione story’s I ever read. It is a pretty interesting story as Draco ends up in what is essentially rehab and Hermione is the one running the program.
Some honourable mentions:
That’s all for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday. Have you read any of the stories on this list? What are you top ten fan fiction stories? Tell me in the comments!